Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, June 18, 2010

The Beach

We went to the beach to meet up with Robert's Family. I'm getting the feeling this is going to be like a family tradition and I love traditions! Every summer his family comes down to one of the beaches in the area we live around and enjoy some time in the sun. They live in the Desert and we live more to Coastal/Metro Area.

Well this year it was Huntington Beach. I think we were all disappointed with the fact that we had to pay $15 for parking alone. That was a huge rip off. Will I go back? NO! I hate to say this but California Beaches aren't the best but to be charge $15 to park, no shade, bathroom are so far away, water is super cold, it smells, sand is dirty with trash and it happens to be cold too. I'm sure there is really nice beach in California but in Los Angeles Area there is very few nice beaches here. Maybe I'm being to harsh because I'm an island girl but Hollywood has over rated these beaches to much. All they are good for is to pose for a picture to say you been there and bragging rights!

Back to the day at the beach, everyone got cold and bored and it was 71 degrees cold- not including the wind chill factor plus it was overcast with the marine layer/ June gloom. So we propose to go back to our place and use our pool. On our way driving back from the beach you can notice the temperature rising and the sun shining. By the time we got home it was nice 81 Degrees. Whoo hoo finally pool/beach weather. So we spend a nice time on the pool relaxing. I loved the time we spend in our home sharing it with Roberts family. We had Hot Dogs/Chips and soda/juices. We ended the day by taking naps and for those pop culture kids (80's) we finalize the day by watching Alf Season 1 and more nap. Can't wait for next year.

I have picture but... not worth it!

No comments: